Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Early Bird

As a part of the implemented economical measures I have decided that I will not travel by auto to the station instead I’ll walk all the way. Which means that I have to hit the sack early & get up early. An experiment I was dying to try after a screwed up day at work.

In my habit of over doing things I ended up in bed at 10 in the night, although the days events that I had been through put me to me to sleep but the problem was that my old & allegedly dirty sleeping habits made sure I was up by 4 AM!! I had no clue what I was supposed to do at 4 AM. I couldn’t sleep as I had my daily quota of 6 hrs.of sleep (earlier that would be 2 AM to 8 AM) I was up so early that if I’d wanted I could’ve walked to Reay Road Station in time for office but the thought of additional exercise scared me. I don’t want to live a day more in this world than I am supposed to.

I went for bath at 4.30 AM which scared everyone (apparently the cockroaches too, I couldn’t find any). I’ve always been amused of my grandparents waking at unearthly hours & bathe & then have tea & breakfast. Here I was (maybe it is hereditary, passed on to alternate generations), up & ready by 5 AM. Even the milkmaid (she aint a maid anymore, unfortunately) was stunned to find me all dressed up, I just hope she didn’t think I was dressed up to meet her (if only I could invite her for a coffee & explain my predicament of waking early & having to spend 3 hours before I could leave for office).

I was feeling fresh & raring to go but the only problem being that the rest of the city was totally unawares of my new experiment. Even TV in the morning carries either exercise shows or bhajans (which I’ve had enough of) & a surprise that day of a special programme on Bappida, I am sure even Bappida must not be waking up to watch his own shows.

Finally since I couldn’t keep myself at home doing nothing decided to walk down to the station by 7:30 AM to catch the 9:06 local. Walked to the station as slowly as only I possibly could with people waiting at the bus stop staring at me with pity in their eyes, if only they knew I had spent the past 3 hours pitying myself. As I reached station I found the 8:05 train waiting, the earlier days incidents were repellant enough for me to not go to office ever, at least not without a sidearm and not an hour early. I left 2 trains before my colleague found me sitting on a bench lost in my own thoughts.

This has been made a habit to save Rs.9/- although I am still looking for ideas to spend time from 4 AM to 7 AM. Washing building cars for money is currently my hot favourite.

Early Birds may catch the worm, but they have their unique problems.

(Today’s Wake Up time 5.05 AM).

5 Comments:

Blogger APOO said...

Bird, try Yoga! I think you need it! Or you could go wake up Abbs.... and both of you can share thoughts on what one can do from 4 AM - 7 AM

10:48 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

I think appoo ur rite, waking abs could take 3 hours. But i'd prefer washing cars, timepass & earn money.

11:19 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Bird, washing cars = extra exercise.

Its against your principles.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir,
I am a computer programmer in Syracuse, NY. Whenever, I need a break after a LONG spell of programming, i turn to your blog for entertainment (reminds me that sitting in a lab and programming isnt too bad after all! lol!).
Please write more regularly.
- Sincerely, Aditya Bakshi

8:51 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Bird, these days I get highly bored. I have nothing to do and nothing to read. Please oblidge with a post and if you are gonna be there Saturday morning 4/23/2005 then lemme know in advance!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home