Monday, November 15, 2004

Happy Diwali

Yes, finally was wished Happy Diwali for the first time this Diwali & it cost me Rs.40/- only. I am indebted to the Dept of Posts & Telegraphs, Govt. Of India to have employed such gentlemen who are about the only persons who wish me every year. Actually theres even the Telephone guys but somehow i dont feel as though they mean it. Its more like the Good Morning i wish my boss when i enter office, substitute for some abusive word. But the postal guys mean it, atleast i think they mean it.

I have no idea for the bias i have towards the postmen, maybe that khaki is my favourite colour. Or is it the respect that i have for them, because whenever i've seen postmen they are these lonely guys walking in the sun always going about their work.

Although theres one weird thing about them that i have noticed, you think that the postman would know all the roads & buildings of the area & he would be able to guide you when lost, it seems they cant, they are very poor at giving directions. The many times that i have asked for directions to postmen none have been able to help me. I've even asked the the local postman for the address of our building just to test my theory, without looking away from the envelop that he was reading he calmly informed me that i should eat almonds everyday to improve my failing memory. Aha, so this postman knew my building, he knew i stayed in that building so why do they refuse to hep people. Its my guess that they dont want to share their knowledge that they have learned by walking to & fro from the post office in the sun & rains , they probably expect us to learn it the hard way like they have. I have since then shifted to asking the local pan beedi shop owners, which also gives me a reason to smoke.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home